It is. So much so that it took me a full month to blog another entryyy. Gahh! I’ve missed y’all* too. And now fall is upon us--I have experienced so many more New York sites and souds (most of which are documented in pictures on my phone—and will be uploaded) but most of all, yes, I have an apartment! (Does a dance and twirls around) It is located in charming Astoria, Queens, and is an enormous weight lifted off of my shoulders. (But now neck is tense…need a massage…oh, thank you Living Social for giving me a $120 massage for $30!)
I am going to break down the important points into a list so y’all won’t get bogged down with my verbosity, and then I might be verbose again. Forgive the outline/note looking form...
1) Found an apartment in Queens and have three great house mates
2) Dad is amazing and came to help move me in and repainted and fixed a bunch of things in need of repair. Very grateful. (It’s my Daddy’s birthday today! Happy birthday Andrey G!)
3) Work is going well, though the adjustment to a full time job is challenging. (Took my first business trip to Philly a few weeks ago and it was great!)
4) Have met some very cool people
5) Have seen more parts of the city
a. Columbia U (First Things Erasmus Lecture)
b. Chelsea area (Love & Responsibility NYC)
c. 5th Ave
d. Upper East side (church & wanderings & potential apt)
6) Very excited to have friends come and visit
7) Very excited to further explore more of Manhattan
8) Very excited to step into a more normal routine (except that whole lack of sleep thing…)
9) Very excited to find a church & volunteer somewhere—maybe doing something Pro-Life.
This is bare bones…I have sooo many more things I want to write!!! But a start nonetheless...Rome wasn't built in a day! I am exhausted and going sleep on my own comfy bed!! (That's right, my own bed!) :D I’ll see you before November 25th (har har…) Until then, take care, and be well.*
|Me with my first street |
Way better than Dunkin.
|St. Vincent Ferrer Church|
*Shout out to Sarah Ryan and Michelle Reeves with the y’all, I love my southern sisters J
*Charles Hartman says this, and I love it. Don’t just do well, be well. Hmmm….
|The beautiful Upper East Side|